How do I setup a Blueline Auto Attendant?
An auto attended is a recorded greeting and associated menu at which the caller can select from multiple options to choose how their call is routed. The caller can dial any extension defined for the PBX, as well as a set of options that route to the digits on a phone dial pad. There is no limit to the number of auto attendants, there can be as many as the customer wishes.
To create an auto attendant, click Auto Attendants, then click New Attendant:
- Attendant Name – a short name given to each attendant, this is just something to refer to the attendant by within the portal.
- Attendant Timeout – the amount of time after the greeting is finished playing, before the Timeout rule is executed.
- Digit Timeout – the amount of time between key presses before the attendant attempts to connect the user to the extension or option dialed.
- Record Via Phone: Click the “Record” button to record the Attendant greeting by phone. Click the “Play” button to listen to the current greeting. Your phone will ring and you will be guided through the recording process.
- Upload A File: You may upload a file with your announcement in .mp3 or .wav format. The maximum file size is 10 MB.
- Default Recording: a generic, pre-recorded message is played to the caller.
- Mailbox: Older versions of the system used voice mailbox recordings for the auto attendant greetings. This method is no longer preferred, as there are now easier options available. It is recommended that you use the “Record via Phone” or “Upload a File” options.
To configure the options of the attendant, use the table on the screen to determine what each key of the phone dial pad does. If you wish for any given key to have no function, just leave it to the default setting of “—-”. Keys 0 to 9, * (star) and # (pound) refer to the keys on a phone dial pad. The “Timeout” option is executed if the caller does not press any keys in the time defined in the “Attendant Timeout” field above.
Each button and each key can be configured to go to any of the following menu items: